Facing a Court Hearing, Holly Willoughby Now Charged With ‘Driving Carelessly’ in Her Mini Cooper — As BBC Quietly Reviews Her Strictly Future Amid Growing Turmoil

Holly Willoughby is set to appear in court next week after the former This Morning presenter was officially charged with “driving carelessly” in her Mini Cooper — an incident that has unexpectedly reignited debate around her career just as BBC insiders claim discussions are underway about her long-term role on Strictly Come Dancing.

Holly Willoughby is said to have committed the offence while driving her Mini Cooper near her multi-million pound home in London on August 28
Holly Willoughby is said to have committed the offence while driving her Mini Cooper near her multi-million pound home in London on August 28

The popular television personality is scheduled to be listed at Lavender Hill Magistrates’ Court in a hearing linked to an alleged offence that took place on August 28, near her multi-million-pound London home.

Sentencing guidelines indicate she could face up to nine penalty points, a fine, or — in the most serious cases — a temporary driving ban.
The charge falls under Section 3 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, covering a wide range of careless behaviour behind the wheel, including distractions, tailgating, applying makeup, or arguing with passengers.

Ms Willoughby earlier this year. Her court summons comes after a difficult few years for the star
Ms Willoughby earlier this year. Her court summons comes after a difficult few years for the star

Court documents reviewed by The Sun list Willoughby’s married name among the cases due to be processed on Tuesday. She may choose to attend in person but is expected to enter her plea remotely.

The summons arrives during a period of heightened public attention for the star. While the charge itself is routine, its timing has caused renewed disruption around her career — with BBC sources suggesting the broadcaster is watching developments “very closely” as they assess future presenting decisions for Strictly Come Dancing.

Willoughby appeared earlier this year, but this new legal issue adds to an already challenging few years.

In 2023, her long-standing on-screen partnership with Phillip Schofield collapsed after revelations about his relationship with a younger male colleague, ending his 20-year tenure at This Morning.
Later that same year, Willoughby stepped down from the show herself after a stalker threatened to kidnap and rape her.

The man responsible, Gavin Plumb, was convicted in November of soliciting murder and encouraging others to kidnap and rape the presenter. The 38-year-old from Harlow was sentenced to life imprisonment, with a minimum of 16 years, at Chelmsford Crown Court in July.

Despite the chaos, Willoughby made her return to TV in February 2025 as the host of Netflix’s Celebrity Bear Hunt with Bear Grylls — but the series was cancelled after just one season.

Only a month later, ITV announced that Dancing on Ice, which Willoughby had presented since 2006, would be “rested” following disappointing ratings.
Yet despite these setbacks, she continues to be considered one of Britain’s most recognisable presenters and remains a frontrunner to replace Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman on Strictly Come Dancing next year.

Whether the new charge affects those plans remains unclear, but insiders say BBC executives have already held internal conversations as the situation grows noisier in the press.

Representatives for Ms Willoughby have been contacted for comment.


Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/

Bài viết Facing a Court Hearing, Holly Willoughby Now Charged With ‘Driving Carelessly’ in Her Mini Cooper — As BBC Quietly Reviews Her Strictly Future Amid Growing Turmoil đã xuất hiện đầu tiên vào ngày HOT.